- 300g gluten and dairy-free digestives
- 120g vegan butter melted
- 25 dates soaked for at least an hour
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 x tin of coconut milk chilled in the fridge overnight
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- NOMO Dark Chocolate grated on top
- Make sure you put the coconut milk in the fridge to set overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Put the dates in a bowl and pour over boiling water making sure they are all covered, leave to one side to soak for about an hour.
- Make your biscuit base. Crush your biscuits either in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Pour over your butter and mix till the biscuits aren’t crumbly and coated in the butter.
- Transfer to a pie dish or a springform cake tin and press firmly to get a flat even layer. Pop in the fridge to set whilst you make the rest.
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor. Blend the dates so that they are mostly broken down into a paste. Add in the milk and vanilla and continue to blend until you have a smooth and gooey caramel. You can add water a bit at a time if the caramel needs help but don’t make it too runny.
- Pour the caramel over the biscuit base. Pop in the fridge to set for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, make your whipped cream. Scoop out the coconut cream on top (just the white bit) ignoring the liquid (save the liquid for a smoothie!) and using an electric mixer, whisk till smooth. Add the icing sugar gradually until combined.
- Chop up the bananas into slices and place on top of the caramel. Spread coconut cream on top of the bananas, and grate the chocolate on top to finish. Can serve immediately or place back in the fridge until ready. Enjoy!
Chef: Christina Cullen
Prep: 30 minutes (not including setting times)
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at @Hello@NOMOChoc.com. We can’t wait to see what you create!