FAMILY FAVES · QUICK ·
Choc Chunk Cookies
- 110g brown sugar
- 50g white sugar
- 158ml oil
- 60ml dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 192g all-purpose flour (free-from baking flours are also suitable)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups of NOMO choc, cut into chips
- Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly grease two large light metal baking sheets.
- Mix together sugars, oil, milk and tapioca flour in a mixing bowl. Use a strong fork and mix really well, for about 2 minutes, until it resembles smooth caramel. There is a chemical reaction when sugar and oil collide, so it’s important that you don’t get lazy about that step. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add 1 cup of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well incorporated. Mix in the rest of the flour. Fold in the choc chips. The dough will be a little stuff so use your hands to really work them in.
- For 3 inch cookies, roll the dough into about ping pong ball size balls. Flatten them out in your hands to about 2 1/2 inches. They will spread just a bit. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes – no more than 9 – until they are just a little browned around the edges. I usually get 16 out of these so I do two rounds of eight cookies. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For 2 dozen two-inch cookies roll dough into walnut-sized balls and flatten to about 1 1/2 inches and bake for only six minutes.
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at @Hello@NOMOChoc.com. We can’t wait to see what you create!