Up your freak-shake game with an over the top, indulgent NOMO Caramel Freak Shake
You'll need a NOMO Caramel Easter egg, a blender and your favourite plant based milk.
We'd love to see what you create so be sure to tag us @nomochocolate
- 1 x Bottle of Food Heaven Heavenly Whipped Plant Based Cream
- 2 ½ cups x of Oatley Oat Milk (or a plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1 x Cup of ice cubes
- 1 x NOMO Caramel Egg
- 2 x NOMO Caramel Bars
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 pinch salt
Preparing the Chocolate Egg
- To cut the top of the egg, carefully unwrap and place the egg on a small cup to keep steady
- Boil a kettle of water and pour into a pan. Place a sharp knife into the hot water to warm the metal (The hot knife will make it easier to cut along the top of the egg)
- After 1 minute, take the knife out of the water and dry with a paper towel. Holding the egg steady, carefully push the knife into the very top of the egg and work slowly to take the top off the egg. This can take up to 10mins and you may need to place the knife back in hot water to keep it nice and hot.
Preparing the caramel
- Mix the water and sugar together in a small pan. Put the saucepan over medium-high heat and cover with lid.
- When the water has come to a boil, remove the lid. Gently stir for an even consistency
- Cook the caramel until it is a dark golden brown then remove from the heat and slowly add 1/4 cup of plant-based milk while stirring.
- Now the plant-based milk has been added, warm the mixture over a low heat whilst stirring for 1 minute. Then add a pinch of salt and stir the mixture until combined.
- Leave to cool then pour into a small jug ready to pour over your shake
- Put the plant-based milk, Ice and 1 x caramel bar into a blender. Blend until smooth
- Pour milk shake into the egg
- Decorate with the caramel bar, whipped-cream and caramel sauce
Credit: NOMO HQ 2022
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see what you create!