Whip up these sweet, cute-as-a-button NOMO cupcakes! Vegan & free from they are perfect for parties and afternoon teas. You'll just need a pinch of inspiration and pack of NOMO buttons :-)
Why not cook along at home? We'd love to see what you create so be sure to tag us @nomochocolate
Makes approx. 24 cupcakes
480g Plant Based Milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or Apple Cider vinegar
- 408g plain gf flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 300g cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150g Rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 250g butter
- 450g icing sugar
- 100g cocoa
- 50g milk
- Preheat Oven to 180°C and place cupcake cakes into the cupcake tray
- Mix together the milk and the vinegar in a bowl and leave to the side for about 5 minutes to curdle
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl
- Add in the oil, vanilla and milk mixture and whisk until combined and smooth
- Fill the cupcake cases with the mix
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the sponge is springy to the touch, allow to cool completely
- Whist the cakes are cooling, make the buttercream.
- Mix together the butter and milk until softened
- Add in the icing sugar and cocoa powder bit by bit mixing in between to avoid the dry ingredients spilling.
- Continue to mix until smooth and fluffy.
- When the cakes are cooled use a piping bag or a spoon to add the icing to the top of the cakes, finish with a NOMO Creamy Choc button
NOMO Products Used:
Credit: NOMO HQ - Charlotte Moody 2022
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see what you create!