Tom from @Projectveganbaking has created a gorgeous Caramelised Biscuit Tart especially for NOMO to celebrate the launch of our new Caramelised Biscuit Choc Bar which is available on our site and in Sainsburys!
Follow Tom on Instagram and check out his website for more amazing vegan recipes!
- 400g caramelised biscuits
- 120g vegan block butter (75%+ fat)
- ½ tsp sea salt
Salted Caramel Layer:
- 200g caster sugar
- 120g vegan whipping (“double”) cream
- 80g vegan block butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt (alternatively you can use 300g of caramelised biscuit spread)
Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 300g NOMO caramelised biscuit chocolate
- 180g vegan cream (single or double)
- 40g vegan block butter
- Add the biscuits to a food processor and blitz until you get a fine crumb. Add the salt.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into the biscuit crumb. Stir until combined then put this into a 10” tart tin and push the crumb into all the edges, carefully working your way around to make it compact. Use the back of a spoon to get smooth surfaces.
- Chill in the fridge for 30mins while you work on the fillings.
- Add the caster sugar to a pot on the stove on a medium heat. Wait approx. 10 minutes until the sugar starts to caramelise and turn amber. Once it starts to melt, gently stir the sugar with a silicone spatula to incorporate all the dry sugar into the amber liquid.
- After all the sugar has melted, add the vegan butter, ¼ at a time. After each chunk, stir until completely melted before adding the next.
- Finally, turn off the heat and add the vegan cream. The mixture will bubble violently so be careful but keep stirring. Add the vanilla and salt. (You can use an ice cube test to make sure the caramel has reached the “soft crack” stage).
- Pour the caramel into the cooled crust and cover with a tea towel.
- Heat the cream in a pot on the stove. Once it starts to steam, pour the hot cream over the chunks of chocolate. Leave for 1 minute and then mix together until homogenous.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled caramel in the tart.
- Garnish with extra biscuit crumbs and serve!
Chef: Tom @Projectveganbakes 2023
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at @Hello@NOMOChoc.com. We can’t wait to see what you create!