As part of NOMO's Flexi-Feb campaign with Pleesecakes, we asked Tom from Project Vegan Baking to create his version of their delicious NOMO Vegan Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake - and oh my gooey-ness he didn't disappoint!
Why not cook along at home? We'd love to see what you create so be sure to tag us @nomochocolate
- 400g vegan digestive biscuits, crushed
- 160g vegan butter, melted
- 40g coconut sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 800g vegan cream cheese
- 400g NOMO Giant Chocolate Buttons
- 120ml oat milk
- 60g cocoa powder
- 120g coconut sugar
- 15g vanilla essence
- 2g salt
- 200g light brown sugar
- 80g soy/coconut cream
- 110g vegan butter, chopped
- 5g vanilla essence
- 2g sea salt
Chocolate ganache (optional):
- 100g NOMO Giant Chocolate Buttons
- 50ml soy cream/milk
- 2x 38g NOMO Caramel chocolate bars
- Mix together all the crust ingredients until it resembles wet sand.
- Press into an 8” cake tin until flat and smooth. Chill in the freezer.
- Beat vegan cream cheese with an electric whisk until fluffy. Add in the coconut sugar and cocoa powder until beat until smooth.
- Heat up the oat milk and pour over the chocolate. Wait 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- Pour this into the cream cheese mix with the vanilla and salt.
- Stir until combined and then pour this mix into the cake tin. Smooth out the top, cover it with foil and then set in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Melt the sugar in a pot on the stove. Wait until it’s caramelised and then add the vegan butter, one chunk at a time.
- Once all the butter is added, pour in the soy cream and then turn off the heat. Add in the vanilla and salt then set aside to cool.
- If you are making the optional chocolate ganache, heat the soymilk and pour it over the 100g of chocolate. Set aside for 5 minutes to melt. Once melted, pour over the cheesecake and smooth it out. Chill for another 30 minutes.
- Once the caramel is cool, pour it into a piping bag and then pipe it over the top of the cheesecake. If you want to achieve the spiral effect, use a turntable and work from the centre outwards.
- Warm a knife to slice through the cake and then serve!
Credit: Tom - Project Vegan Baking 2022
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see what you create!
* 1 use per customer