- 250g all-purpose flour (free-from baking flours are also suitable)
- 45g cocoa powder
- 100g white sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 medium ripe bananas (400g peeled weight)
- 120ml soy milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp hot water)
- 175g NOMO Choc chopped up into little chunks (your flavour of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and then add the white and brown sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Add bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to a separate bowl and finely mash until just smooth, don’t over-mash or the bananas will start to oxidize.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 3 Tbsp hot water to 1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal in a bowl and leave for a minute to become gloopy.
- Pour the blended banana mixture over the dry ingredients and then add in the flax egg and mix everything together until properly combined. The batter will be thick.
- Add around 3/4 of the vegan Nomo choc chips and fold in. Keep roughly 1/4 of them aside to place onto the top of the loaf.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and then line it with parchment paper so that the parchment paper hangs over the sides so that when the banana bread is baked, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan using the parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter from the mixing bowl to the loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Add the remaining NOMO choc chips to the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (melted choc is okay but the wet batter is not).
- Use the parchment paper to lift the banana bread out of the loaf pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool before slicing.
- For decoration, I added banana chips to the top and drizzled on agave syrup (optional).
Chef: Shannon Jayne
NOMO is proud to support those living free-from and vegan lives, and so there’s a recipe for everyone here! We all have different requirements, so please do double-check the ingredients to ensure that they are appropriate for you. For any queries please contact us at @Hello@NOMOChoc.com. We can’t wait to see what you create!